Thursday, May 31, 2012

We used the engineering design process to make a hovercraft. We started out with paperplates, film canister (or vial), modeling clay, and a balloon. However, even after cutting it smaller, the paperplate was too heavy. We redesigned it using a cd and added the straw (cut in half) as a modification for steering. What a fun activity! The clay all over my lab tables, not so fun. :)

1 comment

  1. I would love to hear more about this. We have been using the Engineering Design Process for several years as we work with 2 ladies that teach at Purdue. I hope this year to share more about those lessons on my blog! =)

    Heather's Heart


Powered by Blogger.